Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray, DVD & Digital
Get It Early on Digital August 18 & on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray & DVD September 1
Directed by Marc Webb, Produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach & Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx & Dane DeHaan,With Paul Giamatti & Sally Field.
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
Filmmaker Commentary & Deleted Scenes
Blu-ray Includes More Than 90 Minutes of Exclusive Making-Of Featurettes
The world’s most popular web-slinger returns when THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2™ arrives on 2-disc Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray and DVD September 1 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone reprise their iconic roles as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, who face their most dangerous adversaries yet. In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2™, Peter Parker finds there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing his role as New York City’s hero and spending time with Gwen. But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Academy Award® winner Jamie Foxx, Best Actor, Ray, 2004), Spider-Man faces his greatest battle yet.
Marc Webb returns to direct THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2™, which also stars Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn (a.k.a The Green Goblin) with Academy Award® nominee Paul Giamatti (Best Supporting Actor, Cinderella Man, 2006) as Aleksei Sytsevich (a.k.a. The Rhino), and two-time Academy Award® winner Sally Field (Best Actress: Norma Rae, 1979; Places in the Heart, 1984) as Aunt May.
Fans will be excited to explore more than 90 minutes of Blu-ray exclusive bonus features, which include Dane DeHaan’s screen test as Harry Osborn and the six-part, behind-the-scenes documentary, “The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2,” which includes more than 60 minutes of immersive featurettes detailing the heroic efforts needed to bring the film to life. Also available on both the Blu-ray and DVD versions of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2™ is a Filmmaker Commentary, deleted scenes and Alicia Keys’ “It’s On Again” music video.
It’s great to be Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield). For Peter Parker, there’s no feeling quite like swinging between skyscrapers, embracing being the hero, and spending time with Gwen (Emma Stone). But being Spider-Man comes at a price: only Spider-Man can protect his fellow New Yorkers from the formidable villains that threaten the city. With the emergence of Electro (Jamie Foxx), Peter must confront a foe far more powerful than he. And as his old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan) returns, Peter comes to realise that all of his enemies have one thing in common: Oscorp.
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 is directed by Marc Webb from a screen story by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and James Vanderbilt, a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. E. Bennett Walsh, Stan Lee, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci serve as executive producers with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach as producers.
Bonus Features Include:
- Filmmaker Commentary
- Deleted Scenes
- Alicia Keys “It’s On Again” Music Video
Exclusive to Blu-ray Discs:
- "The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2," featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:
- “Lessons Learned: Development and Direction” – Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.
- “Heart of the City: Shooting in New York” – A behind-the-scenes look at the film’s unprecedented access to New York City during production.
- “Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains” – An inside look at the development of Spider-Man’s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.
- “A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin” – From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.
- “A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects” – Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.
- “Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing” – Learn how the film’s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.
- Dane DeHaan Screen Test
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 has a run time of approximately 2 hours 21 minutes & is yet to be rated.
SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.