Mr T vs Quinton Jackson
To celebrate the DVD re-release of the classic A-Team series on 19th July we take a look at Mr T vs Quinton Jackson and pose the question: Who Kicks The Most Ass?!
• At school he played American football, wrestled, and studied martial arts.
• He enlisted in the United States Army and served in the Military Police Corps.
• Worked as a bouncer and created the persona of "Mr. T".
• His wearing of gold neck chains and other jewellery was the result of customers losing the items or leaving them behind at the bar/night club after a fight.
• Was a contestant in "America's Toughest Bouncer" competition
• Worked as ‘a bodyguard to the stars’ - protected well-known personalities like Muhammad Ali, Steve McQueen, Michael Jackson, Leon Spinks, Joe Frazier and Diana Ross.
• He first noticed the unusual hairstyle, for which he is now famous, on a Mandinka warrior.
• Occasionally, he slept with the heavy neck chains and bracelets on, "to see how my ancestors, who were slaves, felt."
• He entered the world of professional wrestling in 1985.
• Sang "Treat Your Mother Right (Treat Her Right)", in which he enumerates the reasons why it is important to treat your mother right
Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson
• Was a wrestler for Raleigh-Egypt High School
• He built up a record of 11 wins and 1 loss fighting for a variety of smaller scale American Wrestling promotions
• He rose to prominence in Japan's Pride Fighting Championships where he was noted for his powerful body slams
• He is a former UFC Light-Heavyweight title holder
• He was the first person to unify any of the UFC and Pride FC championship belts.
• On July 15, 2008, 10 days after losing his belt to Forrest Griffin, Jackson was arrested and booked on suspicion of reckless driving, and hit and run after striking several vehicles.
The A-Team - Clip: 'Intro'
The A-Team - Clip: 'I ain’t gettin’ in no plane fool!'
The A-Team - Clip: 'B.A Builds something!'
The A-Team - Clip: 'Barfight!'
The A-Team - Clip: 'Cowboy fight!'